Here are more of those things that this week made me say, “huh”.
- Some brands, small companies, as they fail, leave a whole in the lives of those who swore by their products. Best Made appears to have been one of those brands.
- Virtual tours are being shared on YouTube of the extraordinary Studio Ghibli Museum in Japan.
- How Aether extreme tests their products to allow for lifetime guarantees.
- Also from InsideHook, how to wear a cardigan this fall. The Dude’s cardigan, from Pendleton, is a popular option.
- Another company I became clued into, South Carolina based Calavera Tool Works. The Instagram shows a lot of the work that they do.
- And, if looking at the same old stuff around the house is inducing some cabin fever, Hunker lists 8 things that are worth splurging on, according to designers. Not surprisingly, I’m a fan of original art.
A quote to consider this week, from Ralph Waldo Emerson: “But your isolation must not be mechanical, but spiritual, that is, must be elevation. At times the whole world seems to be in conspiracy to importune you with emphatic trifles. Friend, client, child, sickness, fear, want, charity, all knock at once at thy closet door, and say, – ‘Come out unto us.’ But keep thy state; come not into their confusion.” – From Self-Reliance